Affiliate links are used for your shopping convenience. You can read my full disclosures here.
This and That
So, how is everybody doing? Like most of the country, I have been obsessed with two things: Hamilton and deciding on a back to school plan for my kids. I’ve watched Hamilton multiple times now and it just doesn’t get old. Kinda obsessed. 🙂
I was relieved to find out that our school will be offering an online version of school (as in they are going to livestream the day and will be taught by their teachers, not just uploading assignments that are done from home) and that’s what we’ve decided to do. It might not be the best choice for everybody but we know it’s the best choice for us. I’m happy and feeling totally relieved and also slightly overwhelmed at the thought of it, if I’m being honest.
Now I have some time to come up with a game plan to keep us organized, on track and focused. I’m already brainstorming ideas for how to set them up, where to put them, some organizational tools, etc. Our spring set up was kind of a disaster so I want to make sure they each have their own dedicated space for the fall.
I finally read Camino Winds and really liked it. But then again, I’m a big fan of John Grisham so it’s usually a sure bet with me. I grabbed To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before to start next. It’s a series on Netflix but I wanted to at least read the first book before watching it.
This week I posted about Serena and Lily’s pillow sale (which is unfortunately over) and I got my guide to the best bookshelf styling essentials from Amazon up! There are so many good things on there so definitely check it out!
I came across this house, featured on Home Bunch (a great resource for home inspiration). Those beams! I also love the wide open kitchen and the front door color is a favorite.
I’ve noticed a few things that caught my eye this week, including these hobnail planters that I ordered. They are really well made and I was super impressed by the packaging design! I am considering this dresser for my foyer makeover (you might remember me showing this one as an option a few weeks ago – still deciding!). This hanging chair is a dupe of this one from Serena and Lily! It is slightly more expensive but it includes the cushion so it’s better deal in the long run. I also loved this pretty white pillow from Hearth and Home at Target and loved this affordable blue storage bin (it comes in multiple sizes too!). I’ve also got a list of the hottest sales going on this weekend if you want to check them out below.
- Ann Taylor: 60-70% off everything plus free shipping with the code ULTIMATE
- Ballard Designs: Up to 25% off everything
- Best Buy: Great deals on iPads, AirPods and TV’s
- Container Store: Save up to 30% off with the customer favorites sale
- Kirkland’s: Save 15% off one regular priced item with code ONLINE15
- Macy’s: Extra 20% off with code BTS
- Nordstrom: Get up to a $60 bonus note when you apply for a Nordstrom card and use it the same day
- Pottery Barn: Up to 20% off furniture, bedding, rugs and armchairs
- RugsUSA: Take up to 60% off coastal styles
- Serena and Lily: 20% off custom upholstery with the code MADEFORYOU
- Sur La Table: Up to 60% off overstock sale
- Wayfair: Lots of nightstand deals
- Zulily: Up to 35% off Ray-Ban, up to 40% off YSL, Guerlain & More, Up to 70% off Clark’s, up to 40% off Tory Burch
Have a great weekend!