I’m Alison, creator of Newport Lane, a coastal home decor, family travel + lifestyle blog dedicated to easy, affordable style! It’s so exciting that you’re here!
I’ll be sharing tours of my home, my favorite family travel tips + guides and more about my life as a wife and stay-at-home mom of two (ages 8 and 6) with you. I love interior design, reading, scrapbooking, photography and cooking. For as long as I can remember, I’ve been obsessed with traveling anywhere and everywhere possible. Home decor has only become a recent passion of mine and I’ve loved transforming our home into a casual, coastal style over the past few years. On the side, I freelance doing design work for a local interior design.
Fun Facts About Me:
- Favorite food?: My Grandma’s stuffing + anything my Mom makes
- Coffee/pop?: I have had coffee only once in my life and hated it so pop (yes, that’s a Michigan term) it is
- Favorite color?: Do I have to choose just one? Pink, followed closely by blues of all shades
- Early bird or night owl?: Anyone who knows me is laughing at this question. I am forever a night owl who has to set 5 different alarm times in the mornings just to get my kids to school on time and I inevitably sleep through them all.
- Favorite sports team?: Michigan State Spartans
- Summer or winter?: Summer all the way!
- Favorite movie?: I am a total movie fanatic – waaaay too hard to choose just one!
- Beach or city?: Beach
- Favorite tv show?: The West Wing
- Best places on earth?: Houghton Lake, Michigan and Marathon, Florida – where each set of my grandparents had homes
- Favorite candy?: Gummy anything
- Only child or siblings?: Only!
- Favorite travel locations?: Grand Cayman + Paris
I’d love it if you’d follow me on my social media channels for more inspiration. You can also sign up to receive my email newsletter – just click on the link below. Send me an email – I’d love to hear from you!