It’s time for my Friday Favorites! Read on to find out what movie I became obsessed with this week, what recipe we made that was amazing and find out where to get my all-time favorite piece of furniture!
Affiliate links are used for your shopping convenience. You can read my full disclosures here.
This and That
Happy Friday! It’s hard to believe it’s the last day of July. I swear it was just the 4th. I cannot believe that school starts in a month either!
This week, I read To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before , To All the Boys, P.S. I Love You and Always and Forever, Lara Jean this week. Yes, they are teenager books. They were cute, easy reads that I finished in a day each. And yes, I am an almost 41-year old mother of two who has become low-key obsessed with the Netflix movies based on the first two books. For the record, I’m #teampeter all the way. 😉 I liked the movies better than the books but they were still good to read. I’m not sure what to start next – I requested The Summer I Turned Pretty (by the same author) from the library so hopefully I’ll get it soon.
This week I posted about the 2020 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that is coming up soon. There are some great deals on some of my favorites so be sure to check it out!
I made this S’mores Pie recipe two days ago and omg, it’s so good. Mine was nowhere near as pretty as the recipe on the website but it tastes amazing! Definitely a “will make again”.
Looking for more great recipes? Check out my Tried + True recipe board on Pinterest. I’d love if you’d give me a follow!
I came across this house, featured on Style Me Pretty. The whole house is gorgeous but I especially loved the natural wood tones and the blue in the bedroom.
I’ve noticed a few things that caught my eye this week, including this striped cabinet that is back in stock (there is a limited quantity still available so order quickly if you want one!). We have this same cabinet in our bedroom and I have been seriously considering buying two of them for the foyer. It’s so pretty and really well made. They have been out of stock forever on other sites so I was excited to see them available again.
I was also excited to see these rattan and glass boxes available on Amazon. They are half the price that they are sold for on designer websites! (You might remember my mentioning this little trick in my best bookshelf styling essentials from Amazon post last week). I fully realize that the price on Amazon is by no means cheap but if you are looking for a statement piece for a table. bookshelf or console, these are beautiful. I happened to find mine for way less money through a discount decor type site but it would have been much more convenient to get them from Amazon!
This white rope basket is what we are using for laundry storage in our new laundry room and it’s perfect. It would be great for toys, stuffed animals, etc. I also really loved these pretty pink earrings and this beaded wood frame from Target as well. And last, I absolutely love, love, love this beautiful blue rug. The larger sizes can get pricey but Amazon has it in a 2×3 size that’s pretty reasonable. I’ve also got a list of the hottest sales going on this weekend if you want to check them out below.
- Ann Taylor: Extra 75% off sale styles and 40% off full price styles
- Ballard Designs: 25% off upholstery and fabric and up to 20% off everything else
- Best Buy: Great deals on iPads, AirPods and TV’s
- Container Store: Save up to 30% off with the customer favorites sale
- Kirkland’s: Save 20% off one regular priced item with code DEAL
- Macy’s: Extra 20% off with code SAVE
- Nordstrom: Get up to a $60 bonus note when you apply for a Nordstrom card and use it the same day
- Pottery Barn: Up to 20% off furniture, bedding, rugs and armchairs
- RugsUSA: Take up to 60% with July closeout
- Serena and Lily: 20% off custom upholstery + sale on natural seating (This bench is my dream!)
- Sur La Table: Up to 60% off overstock sale
- Wayfair: Lots of office chair deals
- Zulily: Melissa & Doug under $20, Dooney & Burke up to 45% off, Burberry, Tiffany and Co sunglasses up to 75% off, Louis Vuitton and Gucci pre-owned on sale
Have a great weekend!