Affiliate links are used for your shopping convenience. You can read my full disclosures here.
This and That + Friday Favorites
I had every intention of getting some blog posts up this week but man, the weather here has been so ridiculously beautiful. So we’ve been spending all of our time outside in the pool and just enjoying the sunshine.
Being outside so much also means that I’ve made absolutely no progress on getting anything in our house cleaned up or organized. Last week, I posted about what books my kids have been reading and my mini makeover plan for their toy room with my favorite coastal artwork.
This week I read The Royal Treatment and The Royal Wedding. It’s a fun, light hearted series that would be perfect for a beach read, if we could actually go on vacation to any beaches. 😉 I downloaded the third book in the trilogy, The Royal Delivery but haven’t had a chance to read it yet. All three are available for free with KindleUnlimited or they are just $.99 each! I also started Meet Cute. I’ll let you know what I think about that one when I finish it!
I also watched a bunch of movies from Redbox this week too! I saw Knives Out, Bad Boys for Life, Bombshell, Ford vs. Ferrari and Harriet. All of them were good and worth watching. And like everyone else on the planet, I am looking forward to watching Hamilton this weekend! We were lucky enough to see it in person when they came to Detroit and we were super lucky that it happened to be the show that Lin-Manuel Miranda showed up to!
In the continuation of the never ending hanging rod saga in our laundry room makeover, we finally got started again, only to realize that the screws we had ordered weren’t the right kind. If you’re keeping track, first it was the drill battery, then the original screws were too long and then the replacements were wrong. It’s been a comedy of errors! The new ones we ordered just arrived and hopefully (HOPEFULLY!) we can finally get this rod up!
I wanted to share one of my all-time favorite designers + spaces with you. This room by Megan Molten is absolute perfection in my book! She also has a shop with some beautiful shelf styling items. They have a 4th of July sale going on with 20% off most items. I maaaaay have picked up a few things!
I’ve noticed a few things that caught my eye this week, including this beautiful distressed wood console table (save 25% with the code PATRIOTIC), this scalloped mirror that I have wanted forever, this pretty coffee table book from artist Teil Duncan that’s 40% off, this high-end dupe console table, this striped pillow, this white pillow and this pink pillow. I’ve also got a list of the hottest sales going on this weekend if you want to check them out below, including my all-time favorite console!
- Ann Taylor: Up to 80% off sale prices
- Ballard Designs: Up to 25% off everything
- Best Buy: Great deals on iPads, AirPods and TV’s
- Container Store: Save up to 30% off with the customer favorites sale
- Kirkland’s: Save 25% off with the code PATRIOTIC
- Macy’s: 25-60% off, Save extra 20% off with the code FOURTH
- Nordstrom: Get a $40 bonus note when you apply for a Nordstrom card and use it the same day
- Pottery Barn: Save up to 25% off for the Buy More, Save More event with the code SAVEMORE
- RugsUSA: Take up to 75% off
- Serena and Lily: Special pricing on outdoor furniture
- Sur La Table: Save up to 60% off on the summer sale
- Wayfair: 4th of July clearance with up to 70% off
- Williams Sonoma Home: Save 25% off with the code HOME (including this awesome wicker chain link)
- Zulily: Save up to $60 on Aerosoles, up to 50% off Michael Kors, LEGO starting at $6.79, Sofft shoes for $39.99 and more
Have a great weekend!