Affiliate links may be used throughout this post at no cost to you – you can read my full disclosures here.
- Reading: I finished American Royals and I’m a little ambivalent about it. There must be a sequel coming out because the story was really unfinished at the end. I’d give the next book a chance just to see what happens but I won’t be rushing to read it. I also read Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating and skimmed over My Favorite Half-Night Stand. I didn’t love either one (obviously, since I skimmed over the second one). I’m not sure I’m feeling it with this author. I do have a hold on her book Unhoneymooners for my Kindle and I’ll give it a try. I also have Sunset Beach being held. Mary Kay Andrews is probably my favorite author so I’m looking forward to reading that one when my turn on the list comes.
- Eating: This chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe. I decided to do bread instead of muffins and it turned out awesome! (You can find all of my tried + true recipes on Pinterest right here).
- Cleaning: My closet! Ugh, it was such a mess! We don’t have a very big closet so everything is usually pretty jammed in there. I ended up trying all of my clothes on and probably got rid of half! Take that, Marie Kondo! 🙂 Speaking of closets, I would love to reorganize ours with the Ikea Pax wardrobe system.
Recently on Newport Lane Blog:
- Yesterday, I shared my favorite coastal dining tables. There are so many different options and at all price points, too!
- For fall, I recently shared a fun fall tablescape idea and a post about cute + affordable fall home decor items
- Last week, I shared pictures of our house over the past 10 years. So much has changed!
- This summer I shared my first ever travel posts – 5 fun things to do in Las Vegas with your kids and 30A: Where to Stay, Eat and Play!
Inspirations, Ideas + Favorites:
- If you aren’t already, I would love it if you’d give me a follow on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. Thanks for following along!
- In the “what random thing did I buy from Amazon” category, these sound machines were the deal of the day the other day and I decided to give them a try (seriously, they were only $11 each). I’ll let you know what we think after we’ve had some time to use them!
- Since we were talking about closets, I thought I would share a few Ikea walk-in closet ideas that I really like. Our closet is definitely not anywhere near as large as these but still, we could make something like this work on a smaller scale!
- Nordstrom Rack: 15-40% off Hunter boots and Ugg boots
- Target: You can find all of their deals here, including up to 20% off one home item. Don’t forget you can also save an additional 5% by applying for a RedCard
- Wayfair: They have tons of stuff on clearance this weekend!
- RugsUSA.com: You can find all of their deals right here. They usually have sales, flash sales and a deal of the day. Today, there were several rugs on clearance for 80% off!
- WalMart: You can find all of their clearance deals right here!
- Pottery Barn: Save 25-50% off at the bedroom event, plus free shipping for a limited time with the code FREESHIP
Have a great weekend!
Enjoyed this post? Here are more you might like to see!