Affiliate links may be used throughout this post at no cost to you – you can read my full disclosures here.
- Reading: I got a copy of American Royals from my library and I’ve only been able to read a little of it so far. (I talked about this one in my What I Read This Summer post). I still have Light Over London, Roomies and My Favorite Half-Night Stand here at home, ready to get started. It seems like I should have more time to read since my kids are at school all day but somehow, I feel busier than ever!
- Eating: This Chicken Shawarma recipe. It’s soooooo good! I like to serve it with rice, hummus, tabbouleh and pita bread. (You can find all of my tried + true recipes on Pinterest right here).
- Feeling: Like it’s a little crazy that we’ve lived in our house for 10 years already!?! How is that possible when I am still just 20? 😉 I’m also feeling like I’ve got a cold. Only the 3rd week of school – do I win a prize for setting some kind of record? It always seems to happen right as I start getting back into the swing of things with working out.
- Wondering: What it must be like to have so much money that you can drop $7k on a couch shaped like a hot dog. Have you seen this yet? I’m over here clipping coupons for groceries and someone out there just bought this and didn’t bat an eye. Must be nice (or not because I don’t want a couch shaped like a hot dog anyways, lol)!
Recently on Newport Lane Blog:
- For fall, I recently shared a fun fall tablescape idea and a post about cute + affordable fall home decor items
- As I mentioned above, I’ve got my favorite post I’ve ever written to date up: all about Our House – Then & Now
- Ikea always has the best home decor items and this year’s new release didn’t disappoint! You can check it all out on my guide to the Prettiest New Ikea Home Decor Items
Inspirations, Ideas + Favorites:
- If you aren’t already, I would love it if you’d give me a follow on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. Thanks for following along!
- Last week I mentioned that I was going to try this Cantu curling cream. I gave it a try and really liked it. I think I need to use more of it the next time but it worked really well!
- Right now, Target has a sale going on for 25% off one select furniture item. Lots of really great deals on this one, including our favorite little end table. I also love this gold drum accent table, this wood console table and this 8-cube bookcase. Don’t forget you can also save an additional 5% by applying for a RedCard
- For today’s feature, I thought I would share some fall front porches that I think are especially beautiful!
- GAP: Up to 40% off 1,000s of styles + save an extra 30% off your purchase with the code YOURS
- Target: You can find all of their deals here, including up to 25% off one home item as I mentioned above.
- Wayfair: They are having a major home renovation sale this weekend! Faucets, sinks, bathtubs, vanities and light fixtures are all included!
- RugsUSA.com: You can find all of their deals right here. They usually have sales, flash sales and a deal of the day. I recently saw my office rug on flash sale for nearly half off!
- WalMart: You can find all of their clearance deals right here!
- Pottery Barn: 20% off your order + free shipping with the code FALL
Have a great weekend!
Enjoyed this post? Here are more you might like to see!