Hey guys! I can’t believe it’s Friday again already. These weeks are flying by! We’re having friends over today for a pool party. Their kids are roughly the same age range as ours and we always have fun together! So I have been cleaning and shopping and getting ready for company all week. You know, making our house look like we are always this clean and organized. 😉
Affiliate links will be used throughout this post – you can read my full disclosures here.
- Reading: I honestly didn’t do much reading this week. My kids had vacation bible school for a few hours every morning and between that + my daughter’s dance classes, it was just kind of crazy. I felt like I was spinning my wheels all week but going nowhere. I’ve been trying to get through a few books in a series and honestly, I just couldn’t. I skipped to the ends of both books and was content to spoil the stories for myself. 🙂 Onto the next! I still have a pile of library books to get through and one loaner on my Kindle (Mistress of the Ritz).
- Working: On this blog! I put a ton of work into it this week, much of it being back-end technical stuff that no one will ever know or care about but it needed to be done and I’m happy to cross it off my list. I don’t know anything about coding or web design so it’s been a slow process on a lot of things for me. But I’m proud of myself for jumping in and learning as I go. I was really hoping to get some new pictures taken of my house this week while it’s clean for company but that just didn’t happen. Hopefully soon!
- Enjoying: Our beautiful summer weather! It has been really hot + humid here in Michigan and I am loving it! I will be so sad when it gets gray and cold again.
- Feeling: Really good! For those who don’t know, almost 5 years ago I was diagnosed with a chronic fatigue syndrome after getting the flu AND an autoimmune disease called Ankylosing Spondylitis. Lucky me. It causes a tremendous amount of fatigue for me but it really seems to fade in the summer. I haven’t been able to pinpoint why that is yet – Less stress? Longer sleep? Extra Vitamin D from the sun? Warmer/more humid weather? It’s one of the reasons summer makes me SO happy. It’s the only time of year that I feel like my old self again and it’s like magic. 🙂
Inspirations and Ideas:
- I’ve been thinking about different topics that you’d like to read from me but would love some input. I love travel and home decor so that’s where my focus (obviously) is. I’ve thought about doing “get the look for less” type posts, room schemes/moodboards, 2 and 3 day travel itinerary posts, organizational posts, more product spotlight posts, etc. Please drop me a comment and let me know what you like to read about!
- If you aren’t already, I would love it if you’d give me a follow on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. I appreciate the support!
- Here are 2 more Instagram accounts that I follow + love!
- World Market: 50% off markdowns on outdoor furniture.
- Nordstrom: The Anniversary Sale is now live for everyone, not just cardholders. You can see my picks from last week’s post here. These leggings are awesome!
- Target: Up to 25% off + additional 15% off on select furniture with code JULY. Save an additional 5% by applying for a RedCard
- Pottery Barn: 20% off your order + free shipping with code SUMMER
- McGee & Co.: Save an extra 15% off sale prices with code STEAL
- Ann Taylor: Extra 50% off all sale styles. 40% off + 10% off full price styles with code GETAWAY.
- Wayfair: up to 60% off porch and garden and baby and kids
- RugsUSA.com: Up to 75% off select styles. There are some reeeeeaaaalllly good deals here!
- Macy’s: 25%-70% off clearance
- Kohl’s: Save $10 off $50 with code HOMESAVE10 on purchase of select home items. Save 25% off select Adidas.
- WalMart: New summer clearance online
- HauteLook: Save 22% off Hunter boots for kids
- Old Navy: Up to 75% off clearance items. Buy 1, get 1 free on school uniforms with code RECESS.
- Gap: Online only, extra 50% off select sale styles and extra 25% off your purchase with code SUNNY.
Have a great weekend!
Enjoyed this post? Here are more you might like to see!