I’ve decided to start a new blog series on Fridays. Friday, I’m in Love will be a weekly recap of life around here as well as a roundup of fun stuff I’ve seen online, favorite recipes + books, interesting news articles and other blogs and accounts that inspire me. I’ll also share any great deals and sales that I come across – who doesn’t love a discount? So come on in, kick back, relax and find out about life lately around here!
Affiliate links will be used throughout this post – you can read my full disclosures here.
- Reading: Lots of John Grisham (The Racketeer, The Whistler and Camino Island), A Court of Mist & Fury (as recommended by YoungHouse Love) and a bunch of other random stuff thrown in. Next on my list: The Gown
- Eating: Pickle Chicken (trust me, it’s amazing!) and tons of homemade stir-fry’s on our Pizzeria Pronto
- Loving: The slow, sweet summer we’ve been having around here. Lots of trips to the library, reading time, pool time and down time. Maybe it’s because my kids are older but this is the first summer in a long time that hasn’t felt stressful.
- Watching: Big Brother (don’t mock me, it’s good! Ha!) and not much else. I’ve been reading too much to watch a lot of tv.
- Loving: Watching the U.S. Women’s soccer team win the World Cup. There’s something incredibly inspiring about how confident and unafraid they are to take up space and say “we did this”. I loved watching them!
- Prepping: For the Amazon Prime Day(s) sale next week! I’m going to have a page dedicated to updating you with the best deals of the two days. I love using Prime and the convenience of not having to run to the store for every little thing. I can’t wait to see what they come up with this year! Some prices will be even lower than Black Friday so it’s a great time to start thinking about upcoming birthdays and holidays. Plus, Target has already advertised that they will have deals the same days along with exclusive in-store Cartwheel offers for even more savings so it will definitely be a price war! If you don’t have a Prime account but want to partake in the sale, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial. Just don’t forget to cancel it!
The Nordstrom sale:
I’m admittedly not the world’s biggest Nordstrom shopper. I don’t have any status with them for early shopping or anything like that, except having a credit card. However, I do like the sale to stock up on some basics (like my favorite leggings) and grab a new thing or two for fall. Today, Friday, July 12 at 12:30 p.m. EST, starts early access for card holders and then it goes live for everyone else next Friday. Some items will definitely sell out and aren’t guaranteed to be restocked so if there’s something you want, shop early! Here are my favorite picks:
- UPDATED: I found a few more items that I thought looked awesome and wanted to share! This Eliza J faux wrap midi dress is so pretty! I love the pattern. These pink Nike shoes are just my style. They had me at pink. I really loved how the Leith Open Front Dolman cardigan looked – I like sweaters that aren’t snug and drape nicely. Last, the Calson Off-Duty Knit cardigan looks sooooo comfy and cozy. Perfect for fall and winter! I”ll give another update on these when they arrive and I try them on.
- Zella leggings: The Live In High Waist leggings are my tried and true everyday leggings. They are high waisted, thick and last forever! I’m going to check out the Sunray High Waist ankle leggings and the Live In High Waist 7/8 leggings as well for workout wear. I definitely need a few new pairs and am looking forward to trying these on.
- Sweaters: The Barefoot Dreams Cozy Chic sweaters are sooooo soft and comfortable. In the winter, I live in pajama pants + sweaters when I’m at home. It’s a bit of a splurge but I know I’ll definitely get plenty of use out of either the Lite Circle Cardigan or the Lite Long Cardigan. This Longline Open cardigan is super affordable and makes an outfit look put together. I’m trying to branch out from black and the red looks great to transition from fall to winter. I also love this Something Navy leopard sweater – something (see what I did there – ha!) totally different for me!
- Shoes and Socks: I love the gold accents on these Adidas tennis shoes. My current tennis shoes are ripping (Under Armour brand) so I could use a new pair. These leopard print wedge sneakers would look great with some of the Zella leggings and a one of the sweaters in black. Other bloggers are raving about these Zella no-show socks so I’m going to give them a try. I cannot (repeat: CANNOT) wear socks above the ankle. It drives me crazy so the lower the better! I’ll definitely report back with how I like them.
- Home Decor: I’ve had this Kennebunk Bliss blanket on my list for a really long time and it’s now at the lowest price I’ve ever seen! It comes in 17 different colors and would make a great gift. Definitely planning on scooping one of them up!
Inspirations and Ideas:
- I’ve been brainstorming ideas to update our foyer and currently toying around with replacing our current furniture with either this, this, or this. The name of the game is casual + coastal! Think blues, driftwood and whites. I (very roughly) mocked up a few ideas for it. Leave me a comment and let me know which one is your favorite!
- Walmart has been killing it lately with some of their collections. Loving this console table, this rattan light, this flamingo print and this gold etarge bookcase.
- I discovered a few new Instagram accounts this week and have been incredibly inspired them. Aren’t they beautiful?
- World Market: Buy More, Save More with 25% off $300+, 20% off $200+, 15% off $100+ plus free shipping on $75+ online. Use code BMSMDEAL
- Target: Early access to their sale next week. Up to 50% off patio furniture, umbrellas, lawn and garden and up to 30% off other summer items. Save 5% by applying for a RedCard
- Pottery Barn: 20% off your order + free shipping (Friday only)
- Crate & Barrel: 15% off bedding and bath sale + free shipping
- Wayfair: up to 60% off porch and garden and baby and kids
- Macy’s: Extra 25% off with code JULY. Online only daily flash specials through Sunday
Have a great weekend!